We believe in it so much we have a specialised preventative program in place, which is individualised to suit the needs of each patient. Prevention is a team effort between the dental team and patients. Together, we can prevent dental problems.
Oral Hygiene and Health
Maintaining a healthy mouth is important for overall health and wellbeing. Many general health issues such as heart disease and diabetes are worsened by an unhealthy mouth. Not being able to eat properly due to pain or missing teeth can also cause a lot of unnecessary pain and suffering.
With regular dental visits and following these simple steps at home, you are on the right track:
- Brush your teeth at least twice daily with a fluoride toothpaste. Our clinicians can advise on the best type of toothbrush and cleaning method for you.
- Floss at least once daily. If you are unsure how, ask one of our clinicians to demonstrate the correct technique for effectively removing food and plaque.
Your dentist may also give you some other suggestions and oral hygiene aids to suit your needs.
Other tips for keeping your mouth healthy:
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid sticky sugary food
- Avoid high sugar drinks such as soft drinks and energy drinks
- Minimize consumption of high acidic drinks such as sports drinks, lemon and orange juice
- Eat a balanced diet and drink water regularly